About my Blog

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives is something I have put off for over a year now. I, along with 2 of my friends are starting April 5, 2010 on this life changing challenge. I know it will change the depth of my love for my husband and encourage me to keep pressing on and praying for his relationship with Christ. Not only do I desire spiritual growth for my husband, but I am anxious to see how the Lord changes me. I look forward to the 'challenges' God lays before me and I know this will change my life. I will be posting daily the requirements of this challenge as well I my personal discoveries, challenges and how God is working in my home during this month.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day Fifteen

TJ's faith is always a concern of mine. I must remember this is in the Creator's hands, not mine. I am so blessed he is attending church with me, something he told me he would never do when we were dating. I see how the Lord is working in him. I would love for the changes to be quicker, but I am not the Lord and His timing is far better than mine. In 15days the Lord has shown me where I need to change and with that...TJ is changing. We attended a new venue at our church and TJ said he really liked it, not that he didn't like the main service...just this service is more intamate. If this is where he can be intimate with the Lord, then I am not stopping it, we will attend this venue and I support him in this decision. I know the Lord is working. TJ might not see it, but I sure do.

He has been so loving and compassionate with the back pain I am going through, it has been a blessing to me. TJ is a true "tough guy" so to see him worry for me in his helplessness has made me want to lean on him even more. He is showing faith in me for our home-school journey and has given me his blessing in financial matters when he would normally put the checkbook first and the need second.

I had been so focused on his faults that I had not taken the time to see the benefits in the things that bothered me. I failed terribly in the 'obeying' part of my vows and didn't get what I desired. Now with submitting to obey my husband I have gained more freedom...sounds silly?? Welllll, Jesus knows what is best and if He required them in marriage vows, then I suppose I should actually 'do' and 'listen' to those vows....after all, He knows best. I have fallen in love with my husband all over again, in a deeper way then I knew possible. I thank Jesus for this. I just pray TJ realizes just how much I truly love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment