About my Blog

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives is something I have put off for over a year now. I, along with 2 of my friends are starting April 5, 2010 on this life changing challenge. I know it will change the depth of my love for my husband and encourage me to keep pressing on and praying for his relationship with Christ. Not only do I desire spiritual growth for my husband, but I am anxious to see how the Lord changes me. I look forward to the 'challenges' God lays before me and I know this will change my life. I will be posting daily the requirements of this challenge as well I my personal discoveries, challenges and how God is working in my home during this month.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day Five

Edification...that is a good one. I must say that edifying TJ to my family and his family has always come easy. I continually lift him up to everyone and express the greatness he has in our lives. With this assignment I have realized that no matter how much he is edified by me to others, the smallest of negative comments can blow the millions of uplifting ones right out of the water like a cannon from a Pirate Ship. I know I have vented to family and friends about the irritating things he does or the times he has hurt me and I am confident that they have over powered the edification I once accomplished. It is a haunting reality that I wish to never be part of again. What others might think of our marriage and our relationship has never been a thought to me, but to know that for one split second I could tare a part of my husbands soul out of him in the eyes of another is paralyzing.

In just 5 days I have come to realize that the only way to be a good wife and the wife the Lord commands me to be is to throw the positives my husbands way, keep edifying him to others no matter what and to pile the resentment, negative thoughts, negative words...whatever it is...into that giant trash bad and empty it at the feet of the Almighty and beg for a new heart and a new mind and a new love to compel the greatest of sinful wives.

I praise Jesus for allowing me to see that no matter how much I edify TJ, one harsh word can drown it all out. I pray I bite my tongue off before I ever do that again...it is a disgrace to the greatness my husband is and will become.

Until Tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment