About my Blog

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives is something I have put off for over a year now. I, along with 2 of my friends are starting April 5, 2010 on this life changing challenge. I know it will change the depth of my love for my husband and encourage me to keep pressing on and praying for his relationship with Christ. Not only do I desire spiritual growth for my husband, but I am anxious to see how the Lord changes me. I look forward to the 'challenges' God lays before me and I know this will change my life. I will be posting daily the requirements of this challenge as well I my personal discoveries, challenges and how God is working in my home during this month.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Day One

I am shocked and dismayed at the ability I have to bite my tongue. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't hold my tongue and sI peak exactly what I want when I want. Today, however, was a God controlled day...I mean I allowed Him to work in me.

As for today's assignment I found it very difficult to open the topic or statement of encouragement. I have told my husband on many occasions, without prompting that I am so blessed that he chose me to be his wife and that I am always in his corner. He's been told from day one of our relationship that these were my feelings. As awkward as it was, I did find a way to sneak it in there. My Hub called me to let me know he finally went to the doctor to get something minor checked out, I truly felt the desire to rub it in and do the "I told you so" statement but God really closed the door on that idea. Honestly, I couldn't believe the positive words that came out of my mouth. I found myself enjoying hearing the words coming out and hearing the joy in my husbands voice. I have had several opportunities to talk negatively and I didn't even entertain them....I found myself embracing the good and seeing my Hub the way Christ wants me too. I am further encouraged to move forward in the days, but I want to hold off reading the assignments until the night before or the morning of. I truly can't wait to see what is in store for tomorrow.

What I learned through God's word is a husband truly trusts his wife and I have to keep giving him all the reasons to trust me so that we can continue to grow for God's glory and our marriage can be an example to others. I am in awe of
Prov 31: 11-12 and have been meditating on it throughout the day....."The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life."

Until Tomorrow...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did good today! When we woke up this morning, I made sure to remind myself that I wasn't going to nag or complain. DH was having a bad morning because he isn't feeling well so I walked up to him & gave him a big hug. I told him how much I loved him & I was so glad he was my husband :) He instantly cheered up & told me how much he loved having me as his wife :) I also made sure to text him today to let him know I was thinking about him & was hoping he was feeling better.

I also talked to my mom today & found myself almost telling her how my husband was acting before they came over for Easter dinner yesterday BUT I caught myself & instead just told her how much we enjoyed having them over :)

Off to read what Day 2 will bring...:)

Post a Comment