About my Blog

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives is something I have put off for over a year now. I, along with 2 of my friends are starting April 5, 2010 on this life changing challenge. I know it will change the depth of my love for my husband and encourage me to keep pressing on and praying for his relationship with Christ. Not only do I desire spiritual growth for my husband, but I am anxious to see how the Lord changes me. I look forward to the 'challenges' God lays before me and I know this will change my life. I will be posting daily the requirements of this challenge as well I my personal discoveries, challenges and how God is working in my home during this month.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day Seven

I am so blessed to have a financial guru for a husband. He is great with the finances. I pay the bills since he is deployed frequently but he always checks up on me...which I don't really like, but I know that I have a spending streak every now and then. In our marriage we have an agreement that we won't spend more than $100 when we go out to make 'shopping' purchases, something that isn't a necessity that is. I don't know how TJ does it but he somehow manages to make a $1 turn into $100. I am very blessed never to want for anything. He works very hard to keep us financially secure. I don't think I thank him enough for this attribute, I usually fight him all the way because a girl wants what she wants. I'm glad I have realized that his thumb on me isn't always a bad thing...we have food on the table, clothes on our backs, a roof over our head and a little extra for family fun. His frugalness is a true blessing and I am thankful for that, even if it does scream "NO!" when I want that new Coach purse or another Bible.

Until Tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment